The packer forms the basis of the cased-hole completion design. The production packer is a sealing device that isolates and contains produced fluids and pressures within the wellbore to protect the casing and other formations above or below the producing zone. This is essential to the basic function of most wells.
Silver Fox supplies production packers that you can reuse. Our experience and expertise mean you’ll find the highest quality oil and gas packers in the industry in our inventory. Find hydraulic packers, wireline set packers, mechanical packers, and service tool packers at Silver Fox.
- Prevent downhole movement of the tubing string
- Support some of the weight of the tubing
- Protect the annular casing from corrosion from produced fluids and high pressures
- Provide a means of separation of multiple producing zones
- Limit well control to the tubing at the surface for safety purposes
- Hold well-servicing fluid (kill fluids, packer fluids) in the casing annulus
No Documents to show
Frequently Asked Questions
A production packer is a standard component of the completion hardware of oil or gas wells used to provide a seal between the outside of the production tubing and the inside of the casing, liner, or wellbore wall. In wells with multiple reservoir zones, packers are used to isolate the perforations for each zone.
A service packer is a retrievable packer used for remedial applications such as squeeze cementing, fracturing, acidizing and other operation where high pressure differentials are required.
Need a quote? Contact us
When you need downhole tools or tool coatings for an oilfield completion project, contact us. You’ll love the quality, expertise and fast turnaround we offer.Request Information